Head of Finance
About the role
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Head of Finance, working as part of the Senior leadership team, fresh ideas and innovation are always embraced and opportunities are welcome where they will improve and progress the business. You will be continually encouraged to challenge financial performance and to improve processes and procedures.
Operating across 14 Holiday Parks with high volume caravan sales, 2 hotels, 3 arcades, multiple bars and restaurants you will Lead a finance team of 7 employees, the Head of Finance is responsible for all financial matters as well as numerous business support functions.
You will provide insight, management information and support to the senior leadership team on all financial matters. Empathic and strong leadership will be needed, management and mentoring of existing personnel will also be a key requirement in this role.
Supported by the senior leadership team, as Head of Finance you key responsibilities are as follows:
- All financial reporting including KPI’s both financial and non-financial
- Legal and regulatory
- Lead on systems development / IT projects and collaborate on non-financial
- The business contact for all Banking / Statutory bodies / HRMC / Auditor Relationships
- Ensure all regulatory compliance and reporting is maintained with external bodies (eg: FCA, Gambling Commission, BACTA)
- Submission of regulatory returns
- Negotiate and maintain contracts with external service providers (eg: utilities, telecoms, insurance)
- Responsible for EPOS systems with high volumes of cash transactions
- Confidential bank activities
- Support and integration of acquisitions
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Ideally qualified however, applicants qualified by experience will also be considered
- Advanced Excel and highly computer literate, relating both to systems and the general business infrastructure
- Experience using SAGE 50 and SAGE 200 ideally
- Strong and experienced team manager who demonstrates an ability to interact with all team members
- Strong project management skills
- Commercially astute
- Operationally hands on when required
- Previous multi site and family owned experience ideally
- Proven customer experience and interaction
- The ability to identify and develop future talent in department ensuring all team have a relevant and effective PDP
- The ability to support a ‘sense of community’ – a real family spirit.
- Have fun whilst working in a clean, safe and inviting environment.
- Achieve and exceed targets and key performance indicators.
- Complete all relevant administrative tasks including team rota’s, accurate hours worked recorded, safety compliance checks and legislative compliance checks.